We believe that sustainable growth results from strong, responsible performance. Our aim is to create added value for our stakeholders by acting in a responsible way towards our people, societies and in the environment. By driving fair practices and high ethical standards, we can deliver long lasting impacts and generate better financial results. Continuous improvement is the guiding principle in everything we do. We have set 2020 and 2025 targets for all focus areas and regularly monitor our performance and progress. Read more about how we manage our major economic, environmental and social impacts from our Annual Report 2018.
Through our three complementary Business Areas, we seek to respond to the majority of our customers’ lifting needs. Our business aims to improve our customers’ safety and deliver optimal productivity by offering a wide range of eco-efficient products and service solutions that promote circular economy. Safety is an integral part of our business and prioritizing it in all areas of our operations brings us a competitive advantage. By means of digitalization, we offer advanced tools to improve the productivity, serviceability and lifetime of the equipment.
We focus on creating more value from our current assets through greater efficiency in our operations, as well as on increasing the amount of value that our customers obtain from our products and services. Our talented, inspired and engaged employees help our customers enhance safety and productivity every day. In our view, varied skill sets are a key driver of creativity and value creation, and diversity and inclusivity result in teams that deliver better results. Fostering diversity encourages innovation, exceptional organizational performance and, most importantly, outstanding customer service.
Konecranes’ position as a preferred partner creates financial stability not only for our company, but for our whole value chain. Sustainable business practices and risk management are crucial for creating longer term shareholder value. To remain a key player within local communities as well as an attractive employer, we want to make a positive impact on the societies where we operate. This is done by providing jobs and income for employees, by boosting local economies as an employer, provider and buyer of services and goods, as well as by being a significant taxpayer in many countries where we operate.
Our products can be remanufactured and modernized to extend their lifecycles and can be reused and then finally recycled at the end of their lifespans. In addition, our conjoined product offering features innovative power sources such as hybrid technology and other energy saving solutions, including regenerative braking. Above all, we firmly believe that we can deliver the highest lifecycle value to our customers through Lifecycle Care – our comprehensive and systematic approach to service that offers the right maintenance at the right time. By providing our customers with solutions that enable smooth, efficient and responsible material handling, we secure our position as a close and favoured partner.
To ensure that we continue to deliver value, we must keep engaging and developing the best talent, implementing smart technology in our product and service offering, innovating new business models, developing our product design and reliability, and maintaining a deep understanding of our customers’ present and future material handling needs.
Read more about how we manage our major economic, environmental and social impacts from the Targets and progress section.
Key highlights from 2018
- Global Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) tool successfully launched. The tool gathers and manages environmental and safety observations and facilitates incident investigations and root cause analyses.
- New Supplier Code of Conduct introduced.
- Code of Conduct and Anti-Corruption Policy renewed, Whistleblowing channel launched, Head of Compliance & Ethics recruited, and Group level and Compliance and Ethics committee established.
- Joined CIRCit, a Nordic research project on circular economy.
- Introduced the ECOLIFTING concept for eco-efficient lift trucks at TOC Europe, Port terminal operator exhibition in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- HSE improvement planning process rolled out. Business units systematically identified key areas of improvement aiming to harmonize HSE planning activities annually and to identify common focus areas across the company.
- Analyzed current state of diversity at Konecranes in collaboration with Aalto University, examining current attitudes within the company and exploring opportunities for improvement.
- Annual Review 2018
- Sustainability report 2018
- Konecranes Annual Report 2017
- Konecranes Report on Non-Financial Items 2017
- Konecranes Corporate Governance
- Sustainability Data Calculation Methodology 2018
- Independent Assurance Statement for Sustainability Data 2018