New standard in lifting
We set out to reinvent the industry benchmark. Radically redesigned both inside and out, the Konecranes S-series will set the new standard in lifting for years to come.
Our next generation reeving system is unlike anything you have ever seen. The standout innovations are tilted drum and offset reeving, helping improve crane lifetime significantly.
NEXT GENERATION REEVING
Minimized wheel loads
- Off - set reeving for more balanced wheel loads
- 45% reduction in wheel load due to geometric arrangement of the travelling wheels and reeving system
Built to last
- Tilted drum radically reduces fleet angles eliminating rope crossing and rope peak forces.
- Reduced structural twisting, wear and fatigue with this unique reeving arrangement and unwavering trolley design.
We did the test. Synthetic rope is unbeatable.
NEW SYNTHETIC ROPE
Less wear and tear
- Synthetic rope reduces wear and tear of both the rope and the components as it has less surface pressure and friction against the reeving components
Safe and no lubrication
- Light weight makes it easy to carry and safe to handle as it's barb free.
- Synthetic rope requires no lubrication which may result in reduced cost of maintenance in rope as well as rope drum and sheaves.
- Faster installation as it is easy to bend and guide around sheaves
We were the first company to bring inverters for horizontal movements. Now we have also standardized the inverter for hoisting and taught the crane to understand the hook position.
- Inverter controlled hoisting means more accurate load positioning, safer load handling, and less structural demands.
Control Load Swing
- Smart Features like Follow Me, Hook Centering and Snag Prevention make everyday operations safer and more efficient
The new, revolutionary main girder has a sliding connection. This means your crane accommodates bigger tolerances of the crane runway.
INNOVATIVE MAIN GIRDER
The ultimate fit for the runway
- No misalignments and bigger tolerances on the runway due to sliding connection
Ease of inspection
- Easy visual, non-destructive inspections and better evaluation of the crane condition as we put welds outside of the main girder in our new welded box structure
Tap to the power of our cutting-edge digital services ensuring the uptime of even the most demanding applications.
Real time information
- TRUCONNECT gives a real-time crane view, including safety alerts and condition status.
- Allows fast action on potential safety issues and efficient maintenance planning
- See crane usage and operating data along with maintenance information in one place
- Monitor and plan maintenance activities
- View service recommendations at any time
Konecranes S – series Customer story
Konecranes delivered new S-series crane for WD Steelworks, Loviisa, Finland in 2019. The completely new Konecranes S-Series with never-before-seen features like the tilted drum, offset reeving, synthetic rope and the girder sliding connection, it’s a bold new approach in lifting. These design updates make lifting more precise and powerful, and significantly cut down the wear and tear.