The Konecranes Grab Unloader with Advanced Grab Drive (AGD) transfers solid bulk cargoes from the ship’s hold to the material handling system on the jetty or wharf. The cargo is unloaded with a mechanical grab that is operated by four wire ropes.
The Advanced Grab Drive (AGD) system uses four separate but identical winches for the grab ropes. Thanks to a free-running trolley and a simple reeving arrangement of the grab ropes, the Konecranes AGD Grab Unloader does not require separate trolley traversing machinery, traversing ropes or a compensating trolley.
- Load cells on the rope sheaves at the boom and main girder. Full control of rope tension at all times.
- Simple and reliable main trolley, no need for separate trolley traversing machinery or auxiliary trolley.
- Automatic operation modes, easy maintenance, low operating costs.
- Four-drum system with electrical synchronisation of drives.
- High-quality Konecranes components, designed specifically for cranes.
- Konecranes AGD system and Crane Management System for controlling and monitoring the entire crane.
- Optimised wheel loads thanks to intelligent design of the steel structure.
- Power supply through the cable reel or current collector system.
- Energy-saving drive system with regenerative braking technology.
- Environmentally friendly material handling with dust prevention systems.