These cranes are used in the export harbors of steel mills to load steel plates, billets and coils onto ocean-going vessels. Konecranes plate loading cranes are high-performance cranes that can be equipped with a variety of lifting devices.
Plate loading crane features
- Boom hoisting for safer ship operations.
- Extended reach for wide ships.
- The unique rope arrangement helps prevent sway and unwanted slewing.
- The crane has stable and accurate slewing motion.
- The back pylon and back stay provide greater main girder stiffness.
- A remote connection to the Crane Management System comes via GPRS or WLAN.
- The mechanical anti-snag protection is reliable and maintenance-free.
- The extended back reach provides flexible transportation to shore.
- An optimized overall weight helps reduce energy and civil engineering costs.
- A wide leg opening is used for unloading without slewing in each cycle.