In accordance with Article 33 of Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH), we hereby inform our customers about the presence of substances on the current Candidate list of Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) for Authorization (last updated June, 2020) in certain articles used in our cranes, hoists and other material handling equipment.
We are actively searching alternatives for articles including SVHCs. Please note that to the best of our knowledge and based on information provided by our suppliers, the following articles delivered to the EU contain SVHCs in a concentration above 0.1 % weight by weight:
Lead (CAS 7439-92-1):
- Certain electrical control parts: certain contactors, motor circuit breakers, on-delay contact blocks, key switches, limit switches, emergency stop switches, indicating lights
- Certain brass cages of bearings
- Certain aluminium housings
- Certain coupling shafts in hook blocks
- Certain nuts and bolts
Imidazolidine-2-thione (CAS 96-45-7):
- Certain electrical control parts: Certain on-delay contact blocks
Octamethylcyclotetrasiloxane (CAS 556-67-2):
- Certain electrical control parts: Certain limit switches
Perfluorobutane Sulfonic Acid (PFBS) and its Salts
- Certain shielded cable grounding terminals
The aforementioned articles do not pose a safety risk to customers and end-users under normal conditions of use, provided the equipment is operated according to our instructions and the articles are disposed of in accordance with all applicable regulations.