Fast, stable and precise
A coil and plate handling crane handles metal bars, plates, and coils during machining processes. They can be designed for both indoor and outdoor use. Due to the wide variety of materials they need to handle, such a crane can be fitted with a variety of lifting devices that change with the nature of the material.
A Konecranes coil and plate handling crane is designed for traveling a long distance quickly to keep duty cycles short using specialized hook extensions for plates, tubes, rolls or coils up to 80 tons. It can be equipped with Smart Features such as Load Positioning, Sway Control, and Overload Protection to shorten handling times, reduce wear on the crane, extend its life and speed up workflow. Tailoring provides you with attachments for any steel products, and additional capacity, as per your requirements.
Integrated with the Konecranes Warehouse Management System (WMS), the crane helps organize your storage area and makes finding the right product easier.
Everything we do is targeted at one goal: improving the performance of our customers’ businesses
- Traveling speeds up to 150 m/min
- Up to 8 million duty cycles
- Wide range of lifting attachments for different types of materials handling
- WMS or CMS for material flow
- Single or multi-trolley
- Manual, semi- and fully automated functions
- Programmable logic controller (PLC) to control & monitor the crane
- Crane can be controlled with a radio remote controller or in a cabin
- Smart Features
One of our primary objectives is to reduce the amount of equipment in your process by developing more efficient and less costly ways of using your equipment
- Precise and fast load handling with travelling speeds up to 150 m/min.
- Longer life and more return on investment as tailored crane can run up to 8 million working cycles.
- Wide range of lifting devices can be attached to the hooks: magnets, coil grabs, hydraulic tongs and many others.
- When connected with WMS or CMS, it can help increase productivity and reduce manual errors.
- Reduced cycle times with semi- and fully automated functions.
- Continuous availability of the systems 24 hours per day
- Simplified and minimized maintenance costs.
- Smart Features help reduce wear and unplanned maintenance, extend lifetime
Empowering your lifting operation
By choosing Konecranes, you benefit from our extensive knowledge of metals handling to improve your productivity and lift not only your steel, but your entire business as well. Our goal is safe and efficient lifting in your mill, whether it is iron ore, recycled steel, hot metal or shaped products in the rolling mill.
Get in touch with our experts to learn more about our highly advanced, heavy-duty coil and plate handling cranes.