Pioneering single failure proof cranes
Konecranes single failure proof cranes provide an unprecedented level of safety for the most critical nuclear operations, such as nuclear fuel handling.
These highly specialized cranes are designed to prevent load drop during the occurrence of any single failure of the lifting system, providing the highest level of operational safety in the industry.
Our latest, third-generation single failure proof design is founded on solid experience gained over decades of machine design, field installations and service support. It meets strict nuclear regulatory standards, such as ASME NOG-1 and NUREG-0554.
Many of the patents and designs involved in our single failure proof lifting equipment have become the basis for single failure proof designs of the future. Our paper, “Single Failure Proof Hoisting System for use on reactor and Spent Fuel cask cranes in Nuclear Power Plants (CS-71),” released in 1978, featured concepts that helped inform regulatory standards—such as those supported by ASME NOG-1.
To provide our customers the best possible single failure proof equipment, we take extraordinary measures to understand how our equipment will perform over long periods of time. Our single failure proof design has been tested under severe and rigorous industrial operating conditions simulating more than 40 years of normal nuclear operation.
Comprehensive nuclear expertise and better processes due to in-house engineering
• Trusted supplier with global experience and knowledge combined with understanding of government legislation
• Professional maintenance by local service branches
• Reliable partnership and safe supply chain with financially sound company
• Guaranteed spare parts for critical applications ensure secure operations
• OEM technology and high-quality components ensure a high standard