We know waste handling
A waste handling crane plays a crucial role in modern incineration plants, where tight environmental guidelines apply and material handling must perform at maximum efficiency from the moment waste arrives, as the crane stacks, sorts, mixes and delivers it to the incinerator. Typically, there are two waste-handling cranes above the waste pit, one of which is a backup, to ensure minimal downtime.
Konecranes waste handling crane is designed for continuous operation, three shifts a day, all year round, providing you with reliability and outstanding performance in a compact and robust design. Ergonomic and versatile, the crane can operate in manual, semi-automated or fully automated modes. The standard waste handling crane has a capacity of 4 to 32 tons with a typical span from 18 to 35 meters.
Customer Case - Quebec, Canada
"The experience of the supplier was one of our principal requirements, reliability was another. It was very important for us that the cranes work, 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, all year long. And it continues to be important year after year. I am happy to say that we are very satisfied with the equipment we have now.”
Yves Frechet, Principal Design Engineer at City of Quebec
Factors to consider
Below factors can be considered before buying a Waste to Energy crane
- The total burning capacity of your incinerators
- The layout of the handling area
- The type of waste
- The time it takes to receive and process waste.
To be able to quickly adapt in fast changing environment, Konecranes waste-to-energy consulting solution can help simplify and guide complex decision making. We help accelerate building an at-scale Waste to Energy facility and take advantage of economies of scale.
The Konecranes waste handling crane is equipped with features for making
- Manual, semi-automated or fully automated modes
- Optional aux hoist
- Patented trolley/machinery assembly
- Proprietary load control technologies
- High rope drum/rope ratio
- 2/2 rope reeving with Deep rope grooves
- Integrated weighing system
- Smart features such as Sway Control, Slack Rope Prevention, Shock Load Prevention
- Regenerative breaking
- Advanced crane controls systems
- Wire overwrap detection
- Compact design
The Konecranes waste handling crane gives you maximum uptime, performance, and lifecycle value.
- Flexibility with manual, semi-automatic or fully automatic modes.
- Wire overwrap detection helps in safety.
- Increased floor space usage with compact design.
- Reduce structural stress and prolonged equipment life with our proprietary load control technologies.
- Increased operator confidence and crane operation on full potential resulting from smart features like sway control, slack rope prevention, shock load prevention and position monitoring.
- Patented trolley/machinery assembly distributes equal loadings to all trolley wheels.
- Energy savings due to regenerative braking.
- Simplify and minimize maintenance costs.
Decades of Experience
When you choose Konecranes, you get access to a trusted source of global experience and knowledge combined with local know-how to empower your waste handling operations and increase your safety and productivity. Konecranes has been manufacturing overhead traveling cranes since the 1930s and has been working in the renewable energy sector for over five decades.
Get in touch with our experts to learn more about our waste handling cranes.