| Designed for improved safety and functionality
Since 1930, Konecranes has pioneered many innovative crane technologies for a wide range of industrial applications. One of these is the Remote Operating Station (ROS), which has the same controls as a cabin on the crane structure but allows the crane to be controlled away from its operating area, without a direct line of sight to the crane structure. A ROS is often in a central control room, but can also be off-site, at a completely different location.
Fully automated cranes with a ROS provide your production facilities with even better safety and working conditions. Because of the distance between the physical crane and your operator, exposure to potential hazards is greatly reduced. On a site that would normally require a team of nine operators to run three cranes over three shifts, a ROS allows two operators to run three cranes from a central location. When there are only two cranes in a bay, one operator can handle both effectively.
In addition, a ROS saves time and improves general efficiency. For example, instead of climbing down from the cranes for a break, operators can visit a break room near the ROS.
| Enhanced safety, functionality and comfort
ROS provides a safe, ergonomic and comfortable working environment for crane operators
- High-quality materials and mechanicals
- Fully integrated with crane’s PLC
- Software seamlessly integrated into production system
- Smart zoom, camera view for following the lifting device automatically
- DVR, video recordings or screen shots of predefined actions
- Human-machine interface (HMI) gives control and comfort to operators
- Tailor-made dashboard views for all applications
- Chair design provides back tilt and armrests for more relaxed posture
- EN 894-2 Ergonomics Requirements for the Design of Displays and Control Actuators.
- Integrated speakers provide crane sounds and alerts
- Robust and durable design.
- Easy-access electrics cubicle
- MUI monitors crane operations, including usage statistics, error messages and equipment condition
- Smart Features
| Lifting technology that can pay for itself
Remote Operating Station (ROS) is much more than a desk equipped with controls. It creates a superb user experience for the ROS operator.
- Realistic crane cabin environment increases remote operator efficiency
- Regular service provides most recent software updates and maintains monitoring devices
- Helps operators respond faster to changing conditions
- Safe, ergonomic, and comfortable workspace
- Control room location follows your needs for better safety and working environment
- Better visibility to crane structure and load
- Screenshots and DVR can monitor crane use or train operators
- Reduction in operating costs
- No operating cabin, access walkways or platforms for lower building expenses
- One operating location means no crane-specific control cabins.
| Empowering your lifting operation
Fitted with the latest Konecranes technology, the ROS provides a safe, fully functional, and ergonomic work area that improves process flow and productivity. More efficient crane use means longer crane life, and a better return on your investment.
Get in touch with our experts to learn more about our next generation Remote operating station.