| We know coke handling
A coker crane moves hot, fresh coke fuel in a petrochemical plant.
A Konecranes single-leg gantry (SLG) coker crane fits a plant layout that benefits from the hopper-side runway installed at the grade level. This arrangement saves the cost of an elevated runway structure on that side. When SLGs are used with traveling hoppers, there is no long travel in the duty cycle, so the volume of crane throughput increases.
A Konecranes SLG coker crane with cantilever is the same as the standard SLG, with the addition of cantilever support. This allows narrower pit widths and additional storage, including the hopper, to be located outside of the basic pit dimensions and gantry leg. The extra flexibility makes it more suitable at some sites
- Ergonomic chair and controls
- Chemical filtration in operator cab
- Inverter duty motors
- Compact trolley
- Sturdy and long-lasting grab bucket
- Intelligent load cells on each drum with load summing
- Grab control synchronizes hoist machinery
- High drum-to-sheave ratio—30:1 vs. standard 24:1
- Skew and sway control
- Independent traveling cabs
- Innovative rope reeving with three re-reevings of the rope in the drum
- Regenerative braking returns runoff power to the energy grid of the crane
- Weather-protected and pressurized control house
- Laser sensors
- Optional spare inverters, air conditioners, regen units and travel drives
- Hardened and finish-ground gears
- Crane monitoring system (CMS)
- Extended rope lifetime due to high drum-to-sheave ratio—30:1 vs. the standard 24:1
- Reduced maintenance costs over time with innovative rope reeving system
- Improved operator visibility with independent traveling cabs
- No overloaded or unbalanced loads as we use intelligent load cells on each drum with a load-summing feature.
- Grab control synchronizes the hoisting machineries reducing overloads and increasing rope and mechanical component life.
- Skew control reduces wheel and rail wear and reduces stress on wheels, bearings, rails, rail attachments and support structures.
- Sway control reduces load sway, reducing collisions with hoppers and pit walls, reducing damage to buckets, hoppers, and the pit.
- Energy saving due to Regenerative braking as it returns runoff power to the energy grid of the crane.
- Precise speed control with inverter duty motors
- control house is weather-protected and pressurized
- Easy maintenance access
- laser sensors for precise tracking
- Ergonomic chair and controls design
- Chemical filtration in operator cab continuously removes contaminants from the atmosphere, protecting sensitive control components and employees.
- Semi-Automatic function reduces cycle time and eventually increases production and operator efficiency.
- Restricted area function takes care of safety avoiding clashing of grab with wall pits and hopper.
|Single Leg Gantry||Single leg gantry with cantilever|
|Winch type||Tailored open winch||Tailored open winch|
|Lifting Device - grab||Tailored||Tailored|
|Span||Up to 46 m||Up to 46 m|
|Bridge/Trolley travel speed||Tailored||Tailored|
|Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and main user interface||Standard||Standard|
|Manual/Automated control||Radio/HMI Panel /Cabin||Radio/HMI Panel /Cabin|
|Bridge/Trolley supply||Festoon/Energy Chain||Festoon/Energy Chain|
|Motor control system||Konecranes VFD||Konecranes VFD|
| Precision high performer
Konecranes Single leg gantry (SLG) coker cranes allow you the flexibility you need in one of the toughest crane operating environments. Designed in collaboration with experts in the petrochemical industry, its durability, safety and reliability keep the flow of coke moving through your plant with minimal downtime.
Get in touch with our experts to learn more about our strong and adaptable SLG coker cranes.