In order to extend the operating life of existing nuclear power generation facilities, nuclear plant operating licences are often extended. As part of this licence extension process, equipment is often upgraded to include enhanced safety features, modernised technology and improvements in reliability.
We have completed many modernisations at nuclear power generation facilities and our technicians routinely modernise both our own and other manufacturers’ equipment.
Modernisations can include:
- Single failure proof upgrades
- Crane and runway capacity upgrades
- Duty-cycle studies
- Planned engineered lifts
- Diagnosis and solutions for tracking problems, abnormal rail/wheel wear and fatigue cracks
- Control Upgrades – Variable frequency, static stepless or DC-Digital
- Festoon system replacement
- Integrate load cells/weight systems
- Replace motors, brakes, magnetorques
Learn more about modernisations