Fast, comprehensive, safe runway survey
The condition of the runway influences how well a crane moves on its rails and affects the usability and lifetime of the crane and its traveling machineries. A runway in poor condition leads to reduced crane performance and reliability, and possibly to safety risks.
The RailQ 3D Runway Survey has been designed to deliver accurate information on the alignment of your crane runway and provide expert recommendations for corrective actions. RailQ 3D uses high-definition surveying techniques combined with point cloud data analysis to provide information on runway condition. RailQ 3D takes you beyond guesswork with a proven, accurate and reliable system to help you find answers and make decisions.
If you need just a rail survey we can conduct a RailQ Rail Survey to give you accurate alignment information of your crane rail and recommendations for corrective actions.
Benefits of the RailQ 3D Runway Survey
- Provides accurate data on the condition and alignment of the runway through high-definition surveying by trained specialists.
- Is safer to perform than a traditional runway survey because it uses a remotely operated data collection instrument.
- Gathers more data in less time than a traditional survey delivering the same information.
- Condition data and recommendations are easy to interpret and share. Field adjustment and repairs can be easily made with the information in the engineering survey drawings.
Accurate measurements with less downtime
RailQ 3D uses the latest high-definition surveying technology to measure and analyze the critical aspects of the runway system including: the runway rails alignment to one another, the alignment of each rail to its corresponding runway girder, and rail and girder condition.
The survey data is accurate and repeatable. Our proprietary analysis and 3D visualization software produces reports that visualize the problem areas. Konecranes engineers review the data to recommend alignment strategies and highlight areas where critical safety and production issues are found.
Symptoms that may indicate the need for a runway survey
- Crane tracking and skewing issues
- Excessive wear on wheels and rails
- Loose rail fasteners
- Abnormal noises during bridge travel
- Frequently replacing bridge couplings, rail splices, rail sections and crane wheel axles
- Broken wheel flanges, etc.