These cranes are used to transport bars, plates or coils in the rolling area. They are high-speed cranes that can be equipped with a variety of lifting devices depending on the material to be handled. They will often be equipped with Smart Features to make them more productive.
Coil and plate handling crane features
- A wide range of lifting devices can be attached to the hooks: magnets, C-hooks, hydraulic tongs and more. The slewing function can also be provided with a lifting device.
- The service touch panel has a screen for process data, service, diagnostics and manual crane control. The crane monitors its own condition and recommends when maintenance should be done.
- Electrical cabinets can be provided with air conditioning when the working environment is demanding and/or when network braking is provided.
- Crane can be controlled with a radio remote controller or in a cabin. Manual, semi-automated and fully automated functions can be provided.
- The crane features a single or multi-trolley arrangement depending on the application. In the double-trolley arrangement, trolleys can be connected mechanically.
- The programmable logic controller (PLC) controls and monitors the crane and provides a platform for Smart Features.