In an interconnected world, material flows sustain the well-being of people, success of businesses and functions of societies. Konecranes’ customers run these flows every minute, around the world.
Together with customers and business partners, our resourceful people make lifting and material flows more productive and sustainable. We maximize lifecycle value and eliminate waste of resources, energy and time throughout the whole value chain. Konecranes’ knowledge and innovative technologies, solutions and services are the key link in material flows. Our culture is rooted on uncompromised safety, high ethics and diversity and inclusion. We work for a decarbonized and circular world for customers and society.
Our key sustainability themes are combined into five sustainability cornerstones: eco-optimized offering and circularity; climate action and resource efficiency; safe workplace and products; diverse, inclusive and engaging workplace; and responsible business conduct. The Sustainability cornerstones are the foundation of Konecranes sustainability work. We have set targets for all focus areas and regularly monitor our performance and progress. Read more about how we manage our major economic, environmental and social impacts from our Sustainability Report 2020.
- We maintained and delivered equipment to support our customers in the safe and efficient delivery of critical services during COVID-19
- We accelerated plans to increase the number of women in leadership roles and conducted company-wide unconscious bias training
- We defined our climate related risks and opportunities to drive an impactful climate roadmap and committed to the Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTi)
- We conducted a human rights risk screening in 2020 to manage and mitigate possible risks and set up strong programs and processes.
The solutions provided by our three Business Areas – Service, Industrial Equipment and Port Solutions – complement each other and enable our customers to meet their lifting and material handling needs through one supplier. We are a part of our customers’ processes, as they do not only invest in equipment and services but look for solutions they can rely on. We constantly strive to improve our performance in product design, service solutions, safety and sustainability to stay ahead of our customers’ needs.
Read more from the Targets and progress section.
Our sustainability commitments
We support our customers in reaching their low-carbon targets with our solutions
- Accelerating circularity at all levels of operations
- Setting and reaching Science Based Targets for value chain emissions
We work to decarbonize our own operations
- Reaching emission targets for own operations
- Power our factories with 100% renewable electricity
We make sure everyone gets to go home safe, every day
- Uncompromised safety in our operations
- Solutions that deliver the safest material flow
We represent the multicultural communities where we operate
- Equality, diversity and inclusion culture are embedded in our values
- We enjoy our work, feel trusted and valued and are proud to belong to Konecranes
We are a trusted partner known for our integrity
- We expect the highest ethical standards of ourselves and our business partners
- We do business in a direct, clear and ethical manner