Generally, we need to process your personal data in order to enable successful direct and indirect business transactions with the company you represent - such as receipt of orders and delivery of products and services (direct) as well as development of our internal processes and systems to support these transactions (indirect).
In detail, we use your personal data for the following purposes:
1) Business development and reporting;
2) Quality management;
3) Research and development of products and services;
4) Production, management, maintenance and research and development of processes, IT services and infrastructure;
5) Marketing activities;
6) Sales activities;
7) Customer relationship management ("CRM");
8) Manufacturing of products;
9) Delivery of products and services
(incl. access to Konecranes Group digital channels and records of product/service training completed by the customer contacts);
10) Invoicing, taxation and related financial transactions; and
11) Ensuring the integrity of Konecranes Group business environment and processes (incl. system/security monitoring for the prevention or inspection of misuse as the case may require);
12) Background studies of customers (incl. customer contacts as necessary);
13) Organizing events;
14) Ensuring personnel safety (incl. customer contacts); and
15) Archiving of non-active personal data in the scope of other purposes of uses and defined retention rules;
16) Fulfilling and/or defending the rights and obligations of the company;
We may use your personal data also to improve customer experience and to develop products and services by analysing your interests. Based on data collected in connection to our communications and interactions with you, we may analyse needs for further customer relationship management and/or sales related activities.
We may categorize customers and customer contact persons based on the data collected to better target our services to you. This may include targeting of marketing, satisfaction surveys and sales related communications. Categorization of customers is partly based on automated decision-making. For instance, we may categorize you automatically based on your reactions regarding our marketing messages. However, our automated decision-making does not produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning you. Our categorization occurs on a general level and we only use limited number of your personal data for categorization purposes.